Monday 6 June 2011

Review + swatch: Max factor Vivid Impact Lipstick in Skinny Dip Best nude for olive skin? yes


 Heyyy guys <3
  i know its been a while. but i didn't think just showing a swatch and a lipstick was substantial enough for a post.
I've actually been contemplating deleting my blog as i feel like my posts aren't good enough hhaa.
anyway, I'm here and onto the product.
I brought Max factor Vivid Impact lipstick in Skinny Dip (I believe vivid impact has been discontinued now :( )
i searched thousands of blogs in my time in order to see what nudey colour will suit a olive complexion
I wasn't going to go for Gosh darling, that's a corpse colour, i wasn't going to go for a mac. because im anti mac cosmetics (listen ladies you can get the same quality product for less money, your just buying a status label) & I wasnt going to go for rimmel's nude, and revlon's nude.
so it left me with hardly any choices.
In retrospect is a nude supposed to look pale? or is it supposed to look like your natural lip colour?
im still having that debate with myself. but have found that nudes that look close to my lip colour with tints of pink or peach look really nice on me
I also love L'oreal colour Juice stick in Personali-tea which is gorgeous, but more mocha nude. so brightening up max factor vivid impact in skinny dip was perfect to me.
after buying it, i swatched it on my hand and it came out a really nice light pink nude.
and on my lips i think it looks even better.

Heres the pics.

The Lipstick :)
And here is what it looks like on the lips
my greasy face, and messy room sorry :) still the the lipstick is gorgeous
As you can tell by my smile on the photo i really liked this lipstick, actually its borderline one of my faves forever now as long as i can still get it somehow. and ive only had it a week!!


Good points:

Really Lovely Colour
i enjoyed applying as it wasn't making my lip cracks look any worse than they were already
The formula is pretty creamy and not too thick.
quite a bit of product for your money.
Good company ethics
Really nice to wear as a pink nude, will suit almost all people!
Stays for pretty long if you layer it and butt it out on a tissue.
creamy & moist.
no frost or sparkle. and no gritty texture
Cheap-ish?
Great pigmentation
you'll love it :)

Neutral Points:
Can run out of it quick if your an avid lipstick user
Ordinary Lipstick Scent

Bad Points:
will need touchups during the day if you want your lipstick to stay punchy
a subtle colour not bright if your into brights
You will become depressed if you can never find the product again (because its discontinued)
PS. (my tip is to buy from ebay, they will almost always have it listed as sellers want to rid their stock)

My Overall Reaction to this product is
It's a fantastic gorgeous shade that suits almost anybody, it is lovely and soft on the lips and doesn't exaggerate lines or cracks. its universal and usually found cheap for all of us to indulge in
although you may run out fast due to being so in love with it, you will be able to find at least some online. it is not as nude as a expected, more of a milky pink, kind of like a pinker tone of peach apricot honey lipgloss by melliesh.
as you can see below

and im giving this my first 5 star rating, im in love with it, i think everyone deserves to try it!

have you tried vivid impact lipsticks before? this is my first one so how do you feel about one that you have tried?

1 comment:

  1. I have been searching for this lipstick everywhere! please let me know if you know of any place selling it or a dupe for it!! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete