Tuesday 24 May 2011

Same Lipstick, Different Packaging Same obsession! No7 Lipstick + swatch, KANYE WEST SPEAKS! + RANT

(: Long time no see, jk lol

my second post today i hope you all arent too mad with me, but i had too much to say!
I'm basically going to be reviewing 

NO7 Moisture Drench Lipstick 
In Shade -20 Starshell with SPF 15.

I'm going to start to review this with a boots description
"
No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick now has a new and improved formula that nourishes your lips, making it our most moisturising lipstick. It keeps them smooth, soft and full with colour.
  • Hypo-allergenic
  • Fragrance free
  • SPF 15 "




i think my favourite lipstick deserves a little novel, please bare with me + read on <3
How my Obsession Started


I brought one of these last year spring time for a neutral type colour that will suit my olive skin.
it arrived days later in the post and i tore that packaging like nobodies business sat down and swatched the colour on the back of my hand, didnt amaze me, but it looked nice.
I then smothered it on my lips and noticed how dry my lips were before
so it took a day or two before i decided to scrub my lips with a toothbrush and homemade scrub (will show u how to make one in the future on my blog) and then took to the mirror with lipstick in hand to apply onto my newly babysoft but sore looking lips, i again smothered it on and noticed the colour was a lot different than the day before, it was more nude. but maybe it was just because my lips were awful looking the days before.
from then on i started using it practically every other day of the week and a lot on the weekends.
i got the lipstick very cheap from a wholesaler that buys from boots.
so i decided i'm going to get more, so i got another.
i still have the first lipstick and its not even empty yet so it shows you just how long these last.
i then brought another that i proceeded to give to my mum who also loved the lipstick who nearly stole another of these from me. so i decided to buy her another colour for her bd so i could coax her onto it so she didnt steal mine. (although i brought her one lol strange woman).
i got her shade 'chic' but i could be completely wrong as it was a while ago.
she wears that shade all the time, its almost as if no7 has taken over her life.
so recently i found the lipstick again because it had hidden itself from me 
(probably cause it knew i was gonna use it all)
and then decided i needed a new lot because i hate using half gone lipsticks on ones i love
brought it again from another cheap wholesaler.
and when it arrived i noticed the packaging was different.
checked on the website and indeed they changed their formula which seemed why the packaging also changed.

PS CAN I JUST SAY, NEVER BUY FROM BOOTS WEBSITE IF LOOKING AT THEIR SHADE CHART, IT IS STUPID AND NONE OF THE COLOURS LOOK LIKE ONES YOU WILL RECIEVE. JUST A WARNING I DONT WANT ANYBODY TO BUY AND GET A PINK LIPSTICK WHEN THEY ORDERED A BROWN. (whoever did the colour chart is a massive retard)


Here's a picture of the lipstick on my lips, it looks more pink here but i can assure you its more nudey peach. you'll love it

between the two on the lips they both feel and look the same.
so let's get down to business with the pros and cons

Pros:
the shade is almost a MLBB shade.
i would say it was almost a nude but a peachy one.
its a shade that would look gorgeous on all skin tones!
has no scent or smell to it thank heavens :)
Can be cheap if brought elsewhere
one of the best lipsticks you'll have in your collection
very moisturising soft & gorgeous.
SPF 15 is better than none at all
Luxurous lipstick that lasts a long time.


CONS:
PRICE if brought from boots directly it will set you back £10.00 while this isnt breaking the bank its too much for my tiny brain to conjile therefore i leave a lot of expensive brands away unless they are immediately affecting me i.e facial cream,wash & foriegn brands. 
have some ££ at the ready if you use lipstick up fast!
COLOUR CHART ON BOOTS.COM IS ABSOLUTELY ATTROCIOUS KILL IT WITH FIRE    

  you will need to find swatches and reviews on peoples blogs to find out the real colours & shiz
its easy to make mistakes with a moist lipstick especially if you get a deep colour.

i love this lipstick and will time and time again purchase it before i find a better one.
I also love Loreal colour juice lipstick in PERSONALI TEA. but its discontinued and im having to find weird measures in securing these babies. so i cant say its my all time favourite like no7 has been.
you should def try it out! especially if you can find it cheaper elsewhere.
5 hearts
Perfect & goes with anything.

Just questions for you <3
have you tried any no7 products? if so what ones? do you find boots website reliable? cause i dont -.-

Also a little rant.

Today i got slightly annoyed with my hair colour, im trying to fight my natural tone of red in my hair (No im not a redhead at all, ive just got naturally warmer hair so by counteracting it with ash it eventually comes back) its super annoying and i really want to dye my hair dark again but the last time i done that was ages ago and my hair went horribly dry and stuff ewww.
so anyway what really irked me is the fact while searching for hair colours that would suit olive and tanned skin
. i came across very punchy individuals that decided.

NO YOU CANNOT HAVE ANY COLOUR HAIR THAN DARK BROWN & BLACK.
Cause your mediteranian or olive, or tanned.

wtf? its almost like its racism but about hair colour, i dont get it.
Nobody would have the audacity to meet lady gaga, beyonce, jennifer lopez, & gwen steffani and tell them all to change their wigs? so why do people think they have the right to tell you what you can and cant have as a colour on your hair.
im very boring with my hair colour, and have been roughly between 4 shades for the last 3 years and i think its time i do something new.

you can tell someone you think a colour would look better on them than another ofc thats honesty
but telling someone NO YOU CANT CAUSE YOU ARE OLIVE IS PURE RUDE

my moral of the story is
You can have whatever hair colour you want to have, if its for fashion or you think it brings out your features.
stop looking for other peoples opinions like i did. i really think it sucks people behave in that way.
& EXPRESSING yourself is one thing that is always suppressed. and i think this world would become a better place to live in if we all did our own thing.

hope you have enjoyed this post.
i'll be back in no time with another review ladies. follow, favourite or keep checking back

1 comment:

  1. UNF. THAT LIPSTICK. IT'S GORGEOUS. <33 I'd heard of this brand, but save for my eyeliner, foundation, and concealer, I'm miserly about buying makeup. Hence my not buying from them. Haha.

    And I'm sooo with you on the hair colour bit: there's a certain something to going with the 'rules' of undertones and such, but sometimes, you wanna' forego those 'rules'. A big part of 'pulling off' almost anything is the person themself. Their 'attitude', etc.

    ...hence my ignoring my mother and her hairdresser friend's advice and giving myself a platinum blonde 'skunk stripe' back in grade 9. Heh heh. When'd you last ignore common beauty wisdom?

    ReplyDelete